Celebrities from the world of business, hospitality and television have revealed the secrets of their career success in a new online resource aimed at young people in South Yorkshire.
HeppFest Reloaded relives the best moments of the HeppFest higher education festival, and its release coincides with National Careers Week from March 1st to 5th 2021.
Aimed at young people, aged nine to 19, parents and carers, teachers and careers advisors, the online recordings feature the top highlights of HeppFest, held in December 2020.
Mike Garnock-Jones, Hepp Director, said: “We are delighted to release HeppFest Reloaded to 1000s of young people, parents and carers, and teachers, across South Yorkshire.”
He added: “This exciting online resource showcases the best moments of HeppFest and provides impartial information, advice and guidance to support young people who might not otherwise consider studying a degree at college, university or as part of an apprenticeship.”
HeppFest Reloaded offers recordings of 70 online live sessions that provide information and guidance on higher education opportunities including degree-level courses and apprenticeships and includes celebrity speakers sharing their experiences of education and careers.
The event highlights include:
- Award-winning broadcaster Ayo Akinwolere – a Sheffield Hallam University graduate, who presented the BBC’s flagship children’s television show Blue Peter.
- Chris Hanson from Blend Kitchen, who ran a cook-along to help teenagers develop essential skills for leaving home.
- Jordan Lee – radio presenter and host of Love Island: Under the Duvet.
- Justin Rowntree – entrepreneur and owner of Silversmiths when Gordon Ramsay came calling with his Kitchen Nightmares show.
- Baasit Siddiqui – educator, entrepreneur and Gogglebox star.
Organisations that backed HeppFest include the Hepp, HeppSY, Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield as well as the University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, Office for Students, UCAS, Student Loans Company, National Citizen Service, National Education Opportunities Network, South Yorkshire Futures and South Yorkshire’s further education colleges.
To access HeppFest Reloaded, visit www.hepp.ac.uk/festival. Follow @HEPP_YES and @HeppSYplus on Twitter.