The final speaker line up for the 2019 Chesterfield Investment Summit has now been confirmed.
With less than 20 places remaining at the popular annual business event, which is taking place on Wednesday 11 September, people are being urged not to miss out on booking their free place.
Future investment and development opportunities in Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire will be unveiled at the annual event, which is being held at Casa Hotel in Chesterfield from 8.30am – 12 noon.
With one of the 100 most influential women in technology, Polly Barnfield OBE, already leading the speaker line up at the free to attend event, delegates will also hear from a number of other key business figures at the summit.
This year, the full speaker and panellist line up includes:
- Mark Warrilow, Skills Stakeholder Manager – Phase 2 (Skills Employment and Education) at HS2 Ltd.
- Peter Storey, Head of Markham Vale at Derbyshire Country Council.
- Dr. Huw Bowen, Chief Executive of Chesterfield Borough Council.
- Mark Jones, Head of Technical at Kier Living.
- Cllr Tricia Gilby, Leader of Chesterfield Borough Council.
- Peter Swallow, Chair of Destination Chesterfield and Derbyshire Economic Partnership Board member.
- Cllr Tony King, Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Regeneration, Derbyshire County Council
- Cllr Amanda Serjeant, Deputy Leader of Chesterfield Borough Council and Vice Chair of Destination Chesterfield.
The event is organised by Derbyshire Economic Partnership, Destination Chesterfield and Marketing Derby joint partners in the EU funded Invest in D2N2 project with a focus on promoting Derbyshire both nationally and globally as the place to invest for growth and quality of life. The event is also part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Peter Swallow, Chair of Destination Chesterfield and who will also be taking part in the question and answer panel at the event, said: “We are delighted to be able to have such great speakers at this year’s Chesterfield Investment Summit. It’s not only an opportunity to learn about the exciting investment plans for the area, but also the opportunity to ask questions and contribute to the direction of the growth and development of Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.”