By Sheffield Technology Parks Manager, Tom Wolfenden
If this heading caught your eye, you’re probably involved in the local or regional tech scene in some way – or maybe you’d like to be. If so, we’re here to help you.
Sheffield Technology Parks is the city’s not-for-profit managed workspace for digital businesses. Our mission is to help make Sheffield the best place to start and scale up your tech-based business. That means we:
- provide support for pre-starts and start-ups
- offer a fantastic environment for established businesses to grow
- help the local and regional digital ecosystem to thrive
Many of our services are free to support our mission. All of our services are best value and independent to help digital and tech-based businesses get off the ground and thrive. You could…
- apply for our free, six-month start-up package, the Cooper Project, offering coworking, mentoring and workshops for tech-based start-ups
- use our Coworking Lounge on a pay-per-day, or monthly contract
- hire one of our affordable meeting rooms with free refreshments
- become part of the STP family, hiring a private office from three months to two years whilst we support you to expand and grow
- join in one of our free workshops and events with business experts and successful entrepreneurs
- attend ‘The Platform’, our free sector networking event which happens several times a year with average audiences of 80 and the chance to pitch your business
The past 18 months have seen significant additional investment in our business incubation and community support activities. Not just investment in facilities, but also in resources, expertise, networking opportunities and marketing to help our occupiers to grow and our start-up businesses to get off the ground.
And it’s not just about us. Whilst we work hard on our own activity, we recognise that we are not the only provision for Sheffield’s tech businesses. That’s why we work closely with Sheffield City Council, Kollider, and a wide range of business support and workspace organisations, so we can signpost you to other sources of help where appropriate.